Financial Studies - LIBF Certificate/Diploma
What does this programme have to offer?
Ifs has been designed for students who are, or will shortly be, starting on a period of life when they can no longer depend on others for their financial provision. Therefore this essential course will teach students:
- To make informed and confident decisions regarding your finances.
- To explore recent developments in financial services products; help to become responsible borrowers & sensible savers. To have an appreciation of the need for financial planning throughout your life.
Course Content includes the following and more:
The Certificate in Personal Finance consists of two units:
- Unit 1 – Financial Capability for the Medium and Short Term
- Unit 2 – Financial Capability for the Medium and Long Term
Once completed you have the option to progress onto the Diploma course in year 13
- The 2 units are exam based via a multiple choice exam and a further exam based on a pre-release case study. You can achieve the following grades which are also equivalent to UCAS points for university:
- A* = 70 POINTS
- A = 60 POINTS
- B = 50 POINTS
- C = 40 POINTS
- D = 30 POINTS
- E = 20 POINTS
Student study materials
There are a number of good revision websites that are available such as:
- Group work
- Use of ICT
- Independent learning
- Working with case study material
- Research skills
- Role play
- Exam skills
- Visual stimulus
- Guest speakers
- Jobs in personal finance include, Banking, Investments, Financial advisory, Insurance, Human Resources, Business related jobs and much more.